Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default OT Political

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 11:11:54 -0600, philo wrote:

On 12/08/2016 11:06 AM, Muggles wrote:

snip
I dunno ... My husband is a bit touchy on the subject of Pearl Harbor
because his dad was a crew member, and his ashes are spread over the
Arizona. I can understand what Gingrich was saying, but at the same
time I can understand why many people are offended by him saying it, too.

For Newt to have praised the Japanese attack is no different than had he
praised the "911" attackers for a brilliant surprise move.

That he chose Dec. 7th to make his disgusting remark makes it doubly so.

Absolutely nothing inappropriate when anyone tells the truth about
history, at any time.

The citizens of the USA need to be constantly reminded that we have
very capable adversaries who should not be underestimated. For
example, IMHO, Trump is underestimating the PRC, he is acting as if
all he understands about China he learned by watching the movie "The
Sand Pebbles".

Should he actually get us into some kind of trade war with China or
mishandle the South China Sea, I would not be surprised to see the
Chinese turn a couple of our $ multi-billion carriers into artificial
reefs.