Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default should the BBC bus in audiences for HIGNFY?

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
On 08/12/2016 10:47, Max Demian wrote:

The idea you can always learn from your mistakes falls as either
events don't repeat themselves or not in a recognisable way.

But humans have an uncanny ability to generalise productively. After
years of trading I gradually learnt to be especially wary of any
member of certain social and ethnic groups, whether or not I had
encountered the individuals in question. Some call this racism; I
call it pragmatism born of evolution.

And many of us are very wary of aerial riggers of any nationality.
They seem to be generally con artists.

"out of work window cleaners with a spare ladder" was one way of
referring to many of them.

True. Decent window cleaners can make a very good living. But more
difficult to con the client.

"Can drive a van and climb a ladder' was how I heard aerial riggers
described.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.