Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default should the BBC bus in audiences for HIGNFY?

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
On 08/12/2016 10:47, Max Demian wrote:

The idea you can always learn from your mistakes falls as either
events don't repeat themselves or not in a recognisable way.

But humans have an uncanny ability to generalise productively. After
years of trading I gradually learnt to be especially wary of any member
of certain social and ethnic groups, whether or not I had encountered
the individuals in question. Some call this racism; I call it
pragmatism born of evolution.

And many of us are very wary of aerial riggers of any nationality. They
seem to be generally con artists.

"out of work window cleaners with a spare ladder" was one way of referring
to many of them.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England