Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default A new kind of Drill Press

On 12/7/2016 2:39 PM, krw wrote:
On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 13:11:18 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 12/6/2016 9:18 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/6/2016 3:23 PM, Jack wrote:

To be fair, nothing prevents you from building a "nice cabinet full
of tools and stuff" that lives under the drill press table. It could
even be on casters so you can slide it in (leave a hollow in the back
and bottom for the drill press post/stand)

Nothing other than a 3" steel pipe going thru the middle of the cabinet.

Jeez my 3" pipe is at the back of my DP table, yours goes through the
middle of the table???

Jeez if I built a cabinet around my drill press most likely the pipe
would be centered in the cabinet.

Why? Like Leon, I'd put the post at the rear (unless the cabinet was
much deeper than the DP). There is no reason to spin the head around
and drill in the rear of the cabinet.

Yes the post is in the rear dumb ass. If I built a cabinet around it,
the post would be centered right to left, not front to back in the cabinet.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com