Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nospam@thanks.com is offline

Default Drilling down internal wall from loft

On 08/12/2016 14:19, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 08/12/2016 13:59, Tricky Dicky wrote:
One method is to locate the noggins by tapping the wall. Then cut out a small section of the PB across the noggin a few inches either side of it. Drill either at a very shallow angle or notch the noggin after you have passed the cable through and capped it with a metal cable protector replace the small section of PB and fill and make good.

I think this would be my own preferred method especially no I have a
"Multitool" which should leave a perfectly sized patch to be glued back
into the hole.

That's what I've done in the past*, but I have never mastered the art of
making the repair completely invisible.

*
The only exception was with a non load bearing pre-fabricated wall that
consisted of 2 sheets of PB separated by a cardboard "grid" - with that
it was possible to mash a way through from the top using a long iron bar.