Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default should the BBC bus in audiences for HIGNFY?

On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 16:42:28 UTC, wrote:
On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 16:32:57 +0000
Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
On 07/12/2016 12:51, Jim Lesurf wrote:

A quarter of the UK population just forced us *all* to gamble on that!

Jim

Those who didn't vote don't count. So what you mean is, more than half
gave us to opportunity to have a bright future as an independent
country.

If a general election results in an unsatisfactory government,
non-voters can redeem themselves by making sure they do vote next time.
Unfortunately, with this referendum, once we have announced that we're
leaving the EU there can't BE a next time.

Anyone who didn't vote in the referendum with the months of advance notice
given allowing plenty of time to research the issues

well there were so many conflicting issues from both sides even the ability to read simple text was suspended.

along with the
availability of postal voting clearly.

Ostal voting allows to to post before you =have all teh informatiin you might need for deciding that;'s all.
It;s lioke deciding who you want to win on the X-factor before you listen to all contestants.

didn't give a **** one way or the other
and there's little guarantee they'd be any different next time.

I don;t think that's true if peole did give a **** they'd vote.
if they are happy the way things are they are less likely to vote than someone that isnlt happy with the way things are, that's common sense or should be.
It's like the vegan new fivers thing.

I couldn't care less so I didn't complain so I'm happy to use the new fivers only those not happy made their voices heard.
All I said on facebook was that I couldnlt understand why they used animals as it doesnlt make the new fivers taste any better and that is the usual reason for adding animal fats, so what was the point .

Anyway, I wouldn't worry, the way things are going the EU will be busted flush
in a decade.

Most likely but I'm not sure whether we'e better of leaving the ship before the water goes above the plimsoll line or wait until it's well over the deck and yuor paddling in it.