Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default dodgy dog - what to do

NY wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It needs also to be checked over by a vet, as I've also known dogs that
are ill exhibit this kind of behaviour due one supposes to pain or
insecurity.

Its just a husky being a husky.

I'm not sure that "it's just a husky being a husky" is an excuse,

It’s a fact, not an excuse.

if the behaviour is *interpreted* as being threatening by other people.

Fools know nothing about dogs.

Other people aren't to know that a dog that is barking and straining at
its lead only wants to "lick you to death" and not to bite you.

Its time they educated themselves.

Even if the dog didn't bite, it could knock over a child in its sheer
exuberance to make friends.

And that is hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

It sounds as if the owners of the dog have got a real handful

Yes, huskys can be a big of a handful.

and aren't able to keep it in control.

The only time they havent been able to is when it managed to
get the lead out of the owners hand and try to get into the car.

Again, hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

Yes, the owners should train it to calm down,

Easier said than done.

but many of the largest, most threatening dogs are owned by the people who
are least likely to take kindly to being recommended to train their dog.

Many of us want a real dog, not a ****ing robot.

I hesitate to use the c--v word :-)

Liar.