Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default dodgy dog - what to do

Well its difficult. In theory the Police should be the people, but even if
you video it and show them, its been my experience that somebody ora guide
dog has to be attacked before they move on the owners.
To me the owners need to take it to a dog trainer for some advice. Also it
should if it is a male be castrated, as this can change the nature very
quickly in some dogs. Honestly it seems as if, from your description, that
it has assumed the role of pack leader and is protecting the pack. Dogs like
this need to be put in their place early in life. Its very hard once they
get older.
It needs also to be checked over by a vet, as I've also known dogs that are
ill exhibit this kind of behaviour due one supposes to pain or insecurity.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"michael newport" wrote in message
A couple (late 20's) who live in an adjacent St have a Husky dog. It
seems uncontrollable and vicious. It's always on a lead which is good
except the woman is clearly at the limit of what she can manage to do
to hold it back every time they pass someone. Am pretty sure it would
attack, should it slip the lead. The Bloke is struggling with it too
but it seems to listen more to him.
I like dogs very much and have had Alsatians and Labradors in the past
so know a little of their nature. But the husky to me seems more of a
pack-animal than most domestic dogs.
My concern is that there are quite a few young children in the area
and feel the need to have the owners (who seem ok) to realise the
risk. I don't think "having a word" will work and probably escalate
things.
Only a week ago it pulled the lead out of Mrs' hand and had a go at
attacking a car (my wife was driving it so saw it happen). Stopped in
the middle of the road while this dog circling the car!
Any suggestions what to do for best? RSPCA do anything? The Cops?
Council?