Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default OT - another car buying question

"bm" wrote in message news

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 05/12/2016 18:35, bm wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Monday, 5 December 2016 12:00:22 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google)
wrote:
As far as I know most things have a list price and a final price.

I am paying the full £32000 for my 2017 ALFA Giulia as there is zero
wriggle
room.

You should at least buy a spare for weekends.

It's only a 3-seater, really, as you have to set one seat aside for the
full-time mechanic you need.

I feel sure he could pay 32k if he tried.
He's just fooling around.

Thing is, it'll rot while he's cruising the globe.
I wonder if he could trade it in (or maybe a few of them) towards the QE2
or maybe save the Illustrious.
Now there is parallel madness for you, we don't have carrier cover until
2020.
Absolute brilliance. Almost as crazy as the Mason ****.

whisky-dave will know, i'm sure. He's "well-up" on this kinda thing along
with florrie tubes and traics.

Oh, and steam catapults -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ-Iv9Js-1I

I believe he's also the brains behind the Phalanx weapons system -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L0ZAGOuaqg

for which we can't afford bullets until we exit the eu.