Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Diswasher noise level - 53 db versus 50 db - any real difference??

Per TNSTAAFL:
We're looking at two Bosch dishwashers - one claims a noise level of 50 db,
and the other a noise level of 53 db - the features and functionality are
pretty much the same - there's about a $100 price difference.

I can't speak to db except to note that the db scale is logarithmic -
i.e. 50 vs 51 is a lot bigger than it sounds.

Our old dishwasher, which lasted a looooong time, made enough noise to
wake the dead. You couldn't watch TV in the kitchen without earphones
when it was running.

OTOH, the Bosch Ascetia that replaces it is so quiet that, at first, I
used to get creeped out: if I listened close enough there was *some*
kind of water-like noise coming from *somewhere*.... and it turned out
that the wife had turned on the dishwasher when I was not looking.

This thing is *quiet*.... and I'm kind of neurotic about noise.
--
Pete Cresswell