Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mrcheerful Mrcheerful is offline

Default Drilling down internal wall from loft

On 07/12/2016 20:32, Humza wrote:
I'm attempting to feed some low voltage cabling down an internal wall, I've managed to get a some 22mm holes in the cavity but I'm unable to see any noggins clearly. It looks like it could be plaster dust but it feels a lot tougher than that. I'm not sure what's down there (pictu https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...207_164305.jpg)

I've tried with a couple of hex extensions and the spade bit which I drilled through the top plate with but it locks up my cordless drill.

Any suggestions?

I had this problem, I needed 40mm holes through the noggins across the
cavity, I found a five foot long bit of steel gas barrel, smashed a rag
bolt into the drill end, put a forstner bit in the other end and cut and
bent the end of the gas barrel to grip on the openings in the forstner
bit, used a GBFO mains drill to grip the threaded bit of the rag bolt
and at the slowest speed drilled through the obstructions, I had
previously used a vacuum with a piece of plastic conduit as a nozzle to
clean out the dust and crap from the top of the noggin and set up an
led torch so I could see down the cavity. A long slog, but it worked.