Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default A new kind of Drill Press

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 1:11:28 PM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
On 12/6/2016 9:18 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/6/2016 3:23 PM, Jack wrote:

To be fair, nothing prevents you from building a "nice cabinet full
of tools and stuff" that lives under the drill press table. It could
even be on casters so you can slide it in (leave a hollow in the back
and bottom for the drill press post/stand)

Nothing other than a 3" steel pipe going thru the middle of the cabinet.

Jeez my 3" pipe is at the back of my DP table, yours goes through the
middle of the table???

Jeez if I built a cabinet around my drill press most likely the pipe
would be centered in the cabinet.

Wasn't one of your original dislikes the amount of floor space your DP takes
up?

Wouldn't it take up even more space if you centered the pipe in a cabinet?