Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - another car buying question

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Simon Mason wrote
David WE Roberts (Google) wrote

In the past we have bought top specification at 3-4 years
old, because the major depreciation has already happened
and you don't pay a premium for all the optional extras.

That is why I buy ALFA - plummets like a stone due to 1970's
reputation so you can get a £24000 car for £12000 after 3 years.

But you are too stupid to do that with the Giulia.

And spent more than you paid for it fixing the current one too.

I follow 1000's of new Fiestas, Corsas, Fiats, Kias and other
poxy £10000 cars about and they are not a patch on my 159.

Irrelevant to the stupid amount of money you
paid to fix that steaming turd with wheels.

And you'll have to pay even more to fix the Giulia,
and will have paid the full price plus more for it too.

I get one up my arse in a 30mph and when it hits 60, I leave
the *******s in the dust with the handling and superior 0-60,
saying "Let's see Michael Bloody Schumacher do that."

You can do that in much more viably priced cars that arent steaming
turds with wheels that need almost everything replaced at immense cost.