Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Plain bearing example

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 7 Dec 2016 03:00:25 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

wrote:

The needle roller bearing was not an assembly, but rather a
cluster of needles which you put in place with some grease to hold
them
until the input shaft pilot was into place.

I thought that kind of sadism was limited to u-joint cups...

I did the same thing when I made a set of stainless steel replacement
wheels for a hydraulic lift that lives on sometimes-damp ground. It
was far less trouble to hold the welding-rod needles in place with
boat trailer wheel bearing grease during assembly than to machine
retainers for them.
-jsw