Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default DRYER VENT HOUSE IS FILLING WITH WATER.

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:00:45 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I would check your outside vent cap to make sure that it is loose enough to open when there is air pressure. Also get rid of the flexible duct and use rigid for the bulk of the run. Home Depot sells small rolls of duct wrap insulation and metal foil tape.

John Grabowski
http://www.MrElectrician.TV

I don't see what good sloping the duct would do, there will still be a low spot and water will still collect there.

The idea is for it to slope all the way to the end, where any
condensation will run out. It would need to be sheet metal, not
the vinyl flex stuff. It also would depend on what's on the end
of it. Presumably there is one of those vent covers with louvers.
He'd have to make sure that somehow allows water to trickle out,
instead of backing up.

It's not clear if it's in an outside wall or really outside the
house. The latter though would not seem to make sense.

Maybe the tenant needs to let the dryer run longer at the end of the cycle when the clothes are almost completely dry so any water that collects in the duct can be evaporated and expelled.

And route the duct not so close to the cold outside wall?

Does the problem occur in summer as well?

That's a good question.