Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Epoxy question 2

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 9:18:41 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 7:34:53 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 7:51:22 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 10:28:43 PM UTC-6, Gramps' shop wrote:
West System or woodcraft System 3? Advantages of either?

Long ago, I had used a System 3 product (don't recall which one), but had to order it, can't find it locally. It was just as good as West System's G-Flex 650-8, that I, now, specifically use. I started using West Systems because I can get it locally ($30 per 8 oz box). *West's Marine - West is a local name, not the same West as the epoxy folks.

*West's Marine - West is a local name, not the same West as the
epoxy folks.

West's Marine or West Marine? (No 's)

West Marine is not a local name in that they have over 250 stores
in 41 states. Is your West's different than my West?

http://www.westmarine.com/store-find...daStoreNearYou

I believe you are correct. My find-a-store zip code is 70506. I had assumed "my" West (Marine) was a local name. I wasn't aware of West Marine being a franchise.

I think, what I did, back then, was to search "Where to buy", on the West System's website, and just assumed my local West was local folks. I never thought to research them, as I was only concerned with buying some epoxy.

Sonny

I used to buy mine at the West Marine near me. They are far from the least
expensive place to buy epoxy (or anything else for that matter) but they
are convenient and have the full compliment of West Systems fillers, pumps,
etc. One stop shopping.

I don't do much with epoxy any more, it was back in my Soap Box Derby days
that I used a bunch. I still have some left over stuff, but I'm sure it's
gone bad by now. I should grab the crate and go through it. Probably free
up some shelf space. ;-)