Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lighting

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 01:08:06 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
Having an energy meter that displays usage in realtime will help cut
down the amount of energy that gets wasted.

That one always interests me. Do you or yours boil a kettle just for
the fun of it? Run the clothes drier empty?

You really are clueless aren't you. I put my oven on and I know when
it;s up to teperature because it switches off and on all buy itself to
maintaine the correct temperature. I can tell when it's ready by sittign
in the lounge and donl;t have to stand in the kitchem.

I'm sure that makes sense to you in connection with an energy meter.

It was most useful when my flatmate kept leaving the grill on. I can
tell when any major electrical applience is on or off just by looking at
the display.

Does it tell you if your flat mate is using the grill? Does it tell you
when he leaves it on when you're out? You spend all your time at home
staring at an energy meter? Is that before or after that bottle of whisky?

It was also useful for proving to a friend that charging
their iphone wasn't costing a fortune, because they were tiold not to
charge their phones at their clients house. I had a care working
ringing at the doorbell because they couldn't get in downstairs as their
phone had died and needed to call the office. I showed her that as I
plugged in my charger to her phone that is wasnt; costing as much as her
employer had suggested.

Ah. I really must get an energy meter, To tell others how much a phone
costs to charge.

How wpoudl you show someone a comparision between LEDs and any other
sorce without a power meter ?

Most electrical devices state their power consumption. But obviously
something else of the many things you don't understand.

Most would have the sense not to leave lights etc on when not in use.
If they do, would they pay any attention to an energy meter?

They would if you charged them everytime they 'forgot' to turn something
like a grill or over off.

Ah. Right. You want one to rip off a lodger. Say no more.

--
*A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.