Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lighting

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 00:58:00 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
'To save the college money and every, every month I don't have to
report that a number of tubes are flickering or have now stopped
working.'

I DO NOT buy those tubes yuo idiot the college suppllies them from
wherever it gets them. I have NO idea how long they last either
having 80+ in the lab and 3 not working this week. Those loko a bit
dim so could have been up there for 5 years or more.

You don't buy them and have no idea how long they last

I assume they;ll last as long as the warrenty says they';ll last what
was it LEDs 50,000 hours.?

What was it indeed. All sorts of claims are made for LEDs. You'd need to
find out exactly what warranty the actual ones you want provide.

but have decided
they'd be best replaced by LED. Very logical.

So LEDs use more electricity than flourescent is that what you're saying ?

You weren't talking about efficiency. Just life. Relative efficiency would
depend on the type of florry fitting and the type of tube in use. And the
type of LED used to replace them.

--
*Marathon runners with bad footwear suffer the agony of defeat*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.