Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lighting

On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 00:58:00 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
'To save the college money and every, every month I don't have to
report that a number of tubes are flickering or have now stopped
working.'

I DO NOT buy those tubes yuo idiot the college suppllies them from
wherever it gets them. I have NO idea how long they last either having
80+ in the lab and 3 not working this week. Those loko a bit dim so
could have been up there for 5 years or more.

You don't buy them and have no idea how long they last

I assume they;ll last as long as the warrenty says they';ll last what was it LEDs 50,000 hours.?

but have decided
they'd be best replaced by LED. Very logical.

So LEDs use more electricity than flourescent is that what you're saying ?