Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Here's a conundrum..

In message ,
newshound writes
On 12/6/2016 10:37 PM, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

Insulation between joists below under floor heating.

When we did up the house and holiday cottages, I bought rolls of garden
type green nylon netting off ebay, and stapled it to the joists, laying
insulation batts suspended by it.

Andrew

I was going to suggest string rather than wire, but I like that idea
even more.

OK chaps. Several ideas to investigate there.

The green nylon garden netting with wide spacing for Pea and Bean
supports is not UV stable but I guess that is not a problem between
floors.

Staples with soft wire zig zag? Easy to do in modest lengths.

Seconds PIR I had not considered but it would need to be hugely cheaper
as I estimate 150mm Rockwool is around a quarter the cost of 75mm foam.
And there is still the cutting plus support battens.

I suppose one has to consider fire risks and any impact on through
ceiling mounted light fittings.

Architect site meeting tomorrow. I'll run this by him.

Thanks

--
Tim Lamb