Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT - another car buying question

On Monday, 5 December 2016 12:00:22 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
As far as I know most things have a list price and a final price.

Some build in, say, 5% or 10% on the price as negotiating room.

Any rule of thumb for used vehicles in the £10-15k range?

I realised that it is a long time since I bought a car.

Cheers

Dave R

---

I buy my cars around a year old from a dealer, ex demo cars.
These have low mileage, have not been thrashed and there is an upper limit on price. Typically they are 25% less than new.
And there is often manufacturers guarantee on them.
My last car had done just over 300 miles when I bought it.