Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default A new kind of Drill Press

On 12/6/2016 3:23 PM, Jack wrote:
On 12/5/2016 11:37 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Jack writes:

The two things I don't like about my DP is raising and lowering the
table. I'd like that to be electric, or on a ratcheting gear type
device. The other is I would prefer a bench top rather than floor
model. I never really needed the DP to drill into the end of a 4' board,
and when I do, I use other methods. The floor model takes up valuable
space, I would prefer to have my DP sit on top of a nice cabinet full of
tools and stuff.

To be fair, nothing prevents you from building a "nice cabinet full
of tools and stuff" that lives under the drill press table. It could
even be on casters so you can slide it in (leave a hollow in the back
and bottom for the drill press post/stand)

Nothing other than a 3" steel pipe going thru the middle of the cabinet.

Jeez my 3" pipe is at the back of my DP table, yours goes through the
middle of the table???