Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - another car buying question

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 05/12/2016 17:55, GB wrote:

Quite. Although buying an ex lease or whatever car at auction - where it
has simply reached the age and mileage where a main dealer won't want it
as used stock - can be a good deal. But you need to get it at auction
price rather than from a bomb site dealer who has given it a valet and
doubled the price.

I bought my car at auction. 3 years old and 30k miles. It had just come
off lease. I bought it for almost exactly 30% of list price. The only
flaw with the car was that some ******* had taken one of the keys, and
flogged it on ebay for £20. Getting a new one cost £200.

What use is a key without the car ?.

Bought by someone who needs one for their car.