Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lighting

On Tuesday, 6 December 2016 13:47:05 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I'd like the tubes in my lab replaced with LED's

Why?

To save the college money and every, every month I don't have to report
that a number of tubes are flickering or have now stopped working.

Do you get your fittings and tubes from the very cheapest on Ebay?

you really are dim aren't you.

How many times have I said we can't order from ebay ?
Our finance department has banned us from ordering via ebay.

How many times do you need this explaining ?

What makes you think cheap LEDs will last any longer?

They won't those (mostly) from china are crap even those that give warrenties of 50,000 hours.

We brought ours from farnell or rather onecall.

unlike you who uses ASDA for our electrical stuff.