Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.chem
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Polycarbonate glue?

On 04/12/2016 11:07, MrCheerful wrote:
On 04/12/2016 10:22, Capitol wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

Any suggestions for the best glue to use here?

For fine cracks I always use superglue which has very good wixking
properties. I find it will also fill slightly wider cracks with a few
more coats. Easy to clean up with a scalpel.

and contains cyanide.

Cyanoacrylate. (Different functional group CNO vs CN).
More significantly it doesn't get on that well with hot water.

It was originally intended for battlefield wound repairs on flesh and it
is used as an alternative to sutures in hospitals for smaller wounds and
in places where they would prefer to avoid scarring from stitches.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown