Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.chem
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Polycarbonate glue?

On 04/12/2016 14:12, unk wrote:
On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 10:03:49 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

Any suggestions for the best glue to use here?

Polycarbonate does not crack.

Tell that to my rear light cluster.

It does when provoked sufficiently. It is a short hairline crack along a
weak line near where the handle joins the body of the mixer bowl.

It will doubtless get worse if not repaired.

It's likely acrylic or styrene. MEK for acrylic, some other solvent-
based glue for styrene.

I'll test it but I want to avoid the mess that I got by using acrylic
solvent glue on my definitely polycarbonate rear light cluster.

Acrylic would probably just about stand up to the duty but I doubt if
polystyrene would (and the latter tends to yellow a lot with age).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown