Owain

Default Recessing elecric socket - please help!

"Martin Angove" wrote
| Maybe we're just a bit odd, but ever since our boy (now 22
| months) became interested in plugs and sockets (about a year
| ago), we've taught him how to insert and remove plugs safely.
| He now "helps" by plugging in the hairdryer and switching
| on table lamps and the like.

Just wait until he "helps" by re-plugging all the leads on the back of the
hi-fi!

I assume anything heat-generating is either out of his reach when unattended
or has a lock-off cover over its plug (not the socket), so that he can't
plug anything in he shouldn't or that you aren't expecting to be plugged in.
Starting a fire is probably a greater risk than electrification.

When I were a lad, I used to have a book showing how to make switches and
bulb-holders out of matchboxes, tinfoil and paperclips (for battery use of
course). Can't remember the title, Things With Batteries and Magnets or
something like that; I think there were a series of them.

Nowadays it's probably Building Your Own PC for Primary-School Children.

Owain