Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lighting - street lights

On 05/12/16 20:49, Peter Johnson wrote:

In Leicester, only the lamp heads were replaced. Now the programme is
almost complete there is no longer an orange glow over the city at
night. The streets seem to be as bright as they were before the
change. And I can see constellations and stars from my front door that
I couldn't see before, although it is not as dark as it would be in
the countryside.

A village station near me has had platform light upgrades to LED - and
rather cleverly, the lights run dim until you walk near one, then it
fades up (not switches) to full brightness. A sort of inverse
Supernatural mode...