Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hankat Hankat is offline

Default LED lighting

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 3 December 2016 12:20:32 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Here's a question for the group.

Average family living in an average 3 bedroom family house using the
average amount of electricity.

They change from all tungsten lighting to all LED.

How much money would they save on average per year on their leccy bill?

That was on TV the other night I don't think they factored in bulb/lamp
prices . They didn;t include dimming either.

I wasn't asking about the cost of the LEDs.

I asked about how much leccy they would save.

Interesting that despite so many going on and on about energy saving
lights they won't even guess at a figure.

No point when you know the percentage saving is substantial
unless you are calculating how long it would take to pay for
the new higher priced bulb. And few bother to do that for
various reasons when the bulbs are so cheap even with
the new more expensive version.