Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default 2.5 mil and still counting

On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 14:40:30 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:26:23 -0500, "Kurt V. Ullman"

On 2016-12-04, Stormin' Norman wrote:
Institutionalized theft, using your logic one could call Social
Security a Ponzi scheme. However, both statements are wrong as we the
people have legislated and legalized taxation, social security and
conscription. If you did not have a say in these legislations, you
might have a point, however, our society has deemed them to be legal.

Social Security *is* a Ponzi scheme by any reasonable definition of the term.

I have one problem with calling SS a Ponzi scheme. Mr. Ponzi's
victims were all voluntary and the "investment" was enforced by guys
with guns, and forfeiture warrants.

With all due respect, if you and others object to the law, change it.
That is your right.

Any attempt to eliminate SS will meet with a tarring and feathering.
Followed by a trip out of town on a rail.