Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.chem

Default Polycarbonate glue?

newshound wrote :
On 12/4/2016 12:44 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

Food processor plastic bowl seems to be polycarbonate and took a
sufficiently hard thump on the hard kitchen floor to put a vertical 4cm
crack in the outer case near to the handle.

I've not tried it, but ... friction welding?

http://www.frantone.com/designwritings/design_writings4.html#welder

I was quite impressed by that idea. There's impressive video out there of
TWI's friction stir welding process which, IIRC, was used to make very neat
looking butt joints for space shuttle fuel tanks (and loads of other stuff).

Me too, I have not come across that method before..