Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default 2.5 mil and still counting

On 12/4/2016 8:32 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

I would like to see tax dollars spent more wisely, yes. Many of our
current military programs are enormous, poorly planned money holes,
our DoD is far too top heavy with too many chiefs and not enough
indians.

How would you implement changes in our military?

In fact, I advocate our country implement two year universal military
servitude for all citizens of a certain age, lower pay for these
conscripts and an elimination of lifetime benefits for non-career
veterans except for those who sustain direct service related permanent
injuries.

I don't think a forced military service would work, and I'm not sure why
lifetime benefits for veterans should stop, either. Many people join
the service BECAUSE of some of the benefits, like, assistance with
paying for school. Remove those benefits and then less people would be
interested in joining the military, which would in turn, might actually
mean we'd have to return to a draft. I'd much rather have a military
consisting of people who want to be there, than having a military full
of people who don't want to be there.

I would like to see the Social Security funds protected and taken out
of the reach of congress so they cannot draw down the reserves by
borrowing the monies and ****ing them away on pork. I would also like
to see means testing for social security, hell, I don't need the SS
check every month, but they send it to me anyway.

I agree with protecting the SS funds. How would you delineate between
people who shouldn't get SS?

I would like to see a balanced budget amendment, the presidential
line-item veto and an amendment which limits federal borrowing to
declared wars and certain types of disasters.

All good ideas, imo.

Also, a complete
elimination of the Federal Reserve Bank, which I consider to be a
progressive boondoggle that has become a form of shadow government.
Lastly, I would like to see an aggressive effort to pay down the
national debt and eliminate the vast amounts of interest we as tax
payers must contribute to service the interest on the debt, that alone
is a travesty.

How would you suggest that be done?

I feel a dramatic reduction in governmental employment, an elimination
of civil service protections which do not have parallels in the
non-union private sector and a drastic reduction in retirement
benefits not to mention a much longer term of service before being
eligible for retirement of government employees.

I think government is too large, too, but I'm not sure reducing the
benefits in any job is a good idea. People work hard and should get
something out of working any job, but I'd like to see a reasonable
adjustment - not just blindsiding employees just because they work for
the government. They have families to support, too.

Our governments need to return to being a service to the citizenry,
not a major employment sector of our economy. It used to be
government employment was for people that without many other options,
now it is a desirable career. That needs to change.

I don't see any reason a government job shouldn't be a desirable career
any more than a private sector job.

I have no problem with feeding the hungry, helping to care for the
sick, extending the public school education system to accommodate the
needs of an advancing society and establishing a national
apprenticeship and mentoring program.

All good ideas.

Regardless of the patriotic rhetoric, I believe there are groups of
people who require and deserve a hand-up, not a hand-out, because of
many years of oppression and systemic disadvantage.

You mean like women, right?

--
Maggie