Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default 2.5 mil and still counting

On 2016-12-04, Stormin' Norman wrote:
Institutionalized theft, using your logic one could call Social
Security a Ponzi scheme. However, both statements are wrong as we the
people have legislated and legalized taxation, social security and
conscription. If you did not have a say in these legislations, you
might have a point, however, our society has deemed them to be legal.

Social Security *is* a Ponzi scheme by any reasonable definition of the term.

I have one problem with calling SS a Ponzi scheme. Mr. Ponzi's
victims were all voluntary and the "investment" was enforced by guys
with guns, and forfeiture warrants.