Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default DRYER VENT HOUSE IS FILLING WITH WATER.

In roups.com,
Concerned landlord m
typed:
My Tenant complained that the dryer was taking multiple cycles to dry
clothes. I found the dryer vent tubing filled with water, causing it
to sag. I removed the water from the line and it operated fine. I
checked a month later and the line had refilled with water which I
drained again. The dryer vent line is @ 15 feet from dryer to outside
exhaust. The vent line runs along the outer wall of the house. Could
this be causing the water condensing issue????

I agree with some of the other suggestions, such as using rigid ducts
instead of flexible ducts, etc.

If you mean that the existing venting duct work runs along an outside wall,
but it is inside the house, I doubt that there would be condensation in the
duct due to the location of the duct work. Even if the location of the duct
work along the outside wall is in an unheated part of the house, I doubt
that the temperature would be so low there that condensation would form.

Make sure that you verified that there truly is good air flow coming out of
the dryer vent when the dryer is operating. I suspect that you may have a
problem with the dryer itself -- and specifically, the dryer blower housing
fan. In other words, if the dryer blower isn't blowing the hot air out of
the dryer properly, the air flow will be so slow that condensation will
build up in the line. And, of course, the dryer will take a very long time
to dry clothes.

I recently had a problem with a dryer that was taking too long to dry
clothes. It turned out that the dryer blower fan was not working. It had
power and the blower motor was spinning, but the fan "fins" were not
turning, so no air was being forced out of the dryer. In my case, it turned
out that the problem existed for a very long time before anyone said
anything. When I checked the dryer, the vent was full of wet lint -- yuck,
a big mess.

I usually don't try to fix washers and dryers on my own since I don't know a
lot about doing those types of repairs. But, this time, I decided to take a
shot at it and I was able to fix it myself.

First, as I always do, I went to http://repairclinic.com . Then I clicked
on "Repair Help" and I entered my dryer model number etc. I learned what
the problem may be and how to check for that. In my case, it was a
Frigidaire dryer that needed a new dryer blower housing assembly. I bought
the part locally, but I used the following repairclinic.com repair video to
do the job, and that solved the problem:
https://youtu.be/rJufdn6BHbw?t=23 .

Good luck.