Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Blake[_2_] Roger Blake[_2_] is offline

Default 2.5 mil and still counting

On 2016-12-04, Stormin' Norman wrote:
Institutionalized theft, using your logic one could call Social
Security a Ponzi scheme. However, both statements are wrong as we the
people have legislated and legalized taxation, social security and
conscription. If you did not have a say in these legislations, you
might have a point, however, our society has deemed them to be legal.

Social Security *is* a Ponzi scheme by any reasonable definition of the term.

I do not see government as having any special status and judge its
actions the same way that I would any individual or private organization.
If it is immoral for an individual or a private concern to do something,
as far as I am concerned it is also immoral for a government to do
it. People have been conditioned from an early age to give the State
special status and dispensation, particularly when it uses the excuse of
"the will of the people." I don't buy it.

Every action of government is based in violence and coercion, same as the
mafia. The fact that we have some say over who the dons are going to be
does not change this. That's the reason that in the US, government was
supposed to be limited and constrained to a set of specific functions
laid out in a written document. Unfortunately it has managed to weasel
out of its chains and has now metasticized into virtually every facet
of our lives.

I am not familiar with Heinlein or "Starship Troopers" so I am not in
a position to comment.

In short, Starship Troopers described a society in which the right to full
citizenship had to be earned via voluntary Federal service. In the book
only such full citizens were able to vote or hold public office. Individuals
were free not to serve but in that case would live under those constraints.
(Though they were otherwise entitled to the same rights and protections.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org