Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumpy Old White Guy Grumpy Old White Guy is offline

Default DRYER VENT HOUSE IS FILLING WITH WATER.

On 12/4/2016 4:44 PM, Concerned landlord wrote:
My Tenant complained that the dryer was taking multiple cycles to dry clothes.
I found the dryer vent tubing filled with water, causing it to sag. I removed
the water from the line and it operated fine. I checked a month later and the
line had refilled with water which I drained again. The dryer vent line is @
15 feet from dryer to outside exhaust. The vent line runs along the outer wall
of the house. Could this be causing the water condensing issue????

When you get tired of ****ing with it, rip that flexible vent duct crap out and throw it in the trash (where it belongs).

Use rigid aluminum duct and aluminum elbows like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lambro-4-in...t-Pipe/3166649

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lambro-4-in...-Elbow/3351542