Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default 2.5 mil and still counting

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 16:19:37 -0500, "dadiOH" wrote:

"Stormin' Norman" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 11:41:03 -0500, Taxpayer
wrote:

On 12/3/2016 9:30 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:
I have never worked a day in my life, probably because I have always
loved what I do / have done to earn a living and provide for my
family.

Do you pay income taxes? I sure do and I'm ****ed off that so many of my
hard earned dollars fund programs to support lazy/useless/stupid people.
Why any working taxpayer would willingly cast a vote for a Clintoncrat is
beyond my comprehension.

My personal finances are really none of your business, but that said,
yes I do and I have been paying those taxes continually for more years
than you have probably been alive.

Wouldn't it be nice to get something in return for your tax dollars?
Apparently myself and other working taxpaying voters spoke-up at the last
election. Maybe America's lazy will finally be forced to work like the
rest of us?

I would like to see tax dollars spent more wisely, yes. Many of our
current military programs are enormous, poorly planned money holes,
our DoD is far too top heavy with too many chiefs and not enough
indians.

In fact, I advocate our country implement two year universal military
servitude for all citizens of a certain age, lower pay for these
conscripts and an elimination of lifetime benefits for non-career
veterans except for those who sustain direct service related permanent
injuries.

I would like to see the Social Security funds protected and taken out
of the reach of congress so they cannot draw down the reserves by
borrowing the monies and ****ing them away on pork. I would also like
to see means testing for social security, hell, I don't need the SS
check every month, but they send it to me anyway.

I would like to see a balanced budget amendment, the presidential
line-item veto and an amendment which limits federal borrowing to
declared wars and certain types of disasters. Also, a complete
elimination of the Federal Reserve Bank, which I consider to be a
progressive boondoggle that has become a form of shadow government.
Lastly, I would like to see an aggressive effort to pay down the
national debt and eliminate the vast amounts of interest we as tax
payers must contribute to service the interest on the debt, that alone
is a travesty.

I feel a dramatic reduction in governmental employment, an elimination
of civil service protections which do not have parallels in the
non-union private sector and a drastic reduction in retirement
benefits not to mention a much longer term of service before being
eligible for retirement of government employees.

Our governments need to return to being a service to the citizenry,
not a major employment sector of our economy. It used to be
government employment was for people that without many other options,
now it is a desirable career. That needs to change.

I have no problem with feeding the hungry, helping to care for the
sick, extending the public school education system to accommodate the
needs of an advancing society and establishing a national
apprenticeship and mentoring program.

Regardless of the patriotic rhetoric, I believe there are groups of
people who require and deserve a hand-up, not a hand-out, because of
many years of oppression and systemic disadvantage.

Good post. I agree wth pretty much all of it. As long as you are talking
amencments, add one for term limits. For state, county and city too.

I am in favor of executive term limits, POTUS AND VPOTUS limited to
one six year term which would free them from a vast number of
political considerations. After this election's episode, I would like
to also mandate a total reassignment of legislature and executive
investments and business interests to an audited blind trust for the
duration of their elected service.

I don't see a need for term limits below the executive level. The
electorate should have the right to elect whomever they desire as
their representatives.