Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laser Christmas outdoor projectors..

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

How can it be so cheap?

It's China, I've got my eye on a 5 m 240 pixel IP65 strip on Amazon
for £23.00...

I dug out a 4A/5V PSU and now have the 144 LEDs strung up in the window,
wish I'd ordered a few hundred more ... next year ... maybe poundland
will have them by then.

I just want something does a bit more than flash/fade simple
sequences. I suspect it won't pass management approval what ever I
do. I'd like it to do the simple "ordinary" things but also do
something to make people notice and think "Hey! That's different".

Just playing about re-jigging my patterns, provided I don't eat too much
CPU time on the PC with poorly coded functions, it pushes out about 300
"frames" per second. Loop unrolling type optimisations are a bit
trickier when you're working in multiples of 9 bytes :-(