Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default LED lighting

I have no idea, but I do know that some LED lights can upset some animals,
so one has to remember that not all animals have the same persistance of
vision as we do.
I think any strobe effects in lighting are to be avoided if used in safety
critical situations.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 2:30:42 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
2. HIgh frequency flicker, higher than fluorescents possibly
triggering migraine.

Flicker should be well above perception level, as demonstrated by
numerous crap car tailight designs this basic appears to have escaped
some makers.

Some car LEDs are driven in a very different way from domestic mains
LEDs. Basically, you can't just transfer a problem with those to all.

It is an example of how even well funded, well informed designers can
get it wrong.

Guess that someone read something about getting more brightness out by
pulsing and missed the rest of the article about average power.

Result being the strobe tail lights fitted to some early LED equipped
cars, not got cheep Chinese knock offs to blame either ;-)

I'm not even shure why they strobe. Not something I've been particularly
aware of. Could it be an interaction with some street lighting?

--
*Dance like nobody's watching.

Dave Plowman
London SW