Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?

On 04/12/16 06:33, grjw wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
They say lots of things. Just whether they would stand up in law is a
different matter.

It most likely will as that's what you agreed to by purchasing the
product, if you don't agree don't buy.

The law doesn't allow unfair conditions.

It;'s similar to lifetime guarantees where the con is that you have
to have a reciept why ? If a product is faulty it goers back to the
manufacter for replacement NOT the store, as where you brought it
should be irrelivant.

A warranty goes to the person who purchased it unless specifically
transferrable like with some cars. So proof you are the original
purchaser isn't unreasonable. And sadly lifetime doesn't always mean
what you might think it does.

So lifetime warrently is that the life of the person buying teh product
or the product itself I thought it wss the product itself rather than
the purchaser.

Lifetime is actually the life of anything until it dies.

Wrong, with warranties.

Which makes it a very ambiguous warranty.

Nope. The only real downside with lifetime warranties is that they
are only enforceable while ever the manufacturer is still around.

The term seems at least in the USA to be interpreted in many ways, none
of which are what one would expect 'lifetime' to mean. In the UK I can
find almost no reference to 'lifetime guarantee' as a legal term with a
precise meaning: I conclude it has no legal meaning.