Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Which one is better? PUNCH PRESS VS LASER

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 19:45:30 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 08:55:41 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Here's an indexing head like Fig 19's by itself, minus the table
feed
connection:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Divi...ype-BS-0/G1053

All you need are a couple of power feeds and you, too, can grind
your
own billdrits!

I bought it for cutting gears after fussing with a poorly made no-name
import rotary table.

I haven't needed the BS-0, and if owning it means I'll never break
another irreplaceable old gear then its cost was good insurance.

Ayup. Sometimes the purchase is good enough insurance against Murphy.

Maybe someday I'll use it to build this:
http://www.agelessengines.com/9cyl.htm

That looks like a retirement project to me.

--
We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is
no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected.