Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Kenmore Elite 20 inch Bottom Freezer door handle Rrversal

On 12/3/2016 5:14 PM, imlbl wrote:
My Kenmore Elite bottom freezer model 596.70002002 has large curved metal
handles. Owner's manual says call repairman for handle reversal.
I don't want to pay a repairman $100.00 to change the handles. Does anyone
know how to do this or is it some big trade secret?

What needs to be reversed? They pull the doors from the center and top
of the freezer.

The ones on my fridge (not Kenmore) can be removed by loosening a set
screw on the side. You probably have something similar.