Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On 03/12/16 22:34, tony sayer wrote:
In article , pamela
scribeth thus
On 09:41 25 Oct 2016, pamela wrote:

On 21:53 24 Oct 2016, tony sayer wrote:

In article , pamela
scribeth thus
On 22:24 23 Oct 2016, John Rumm wrote:

On 23/10/2016 08:35, RJH wrote:
On 23/10/2016 07:36, John Rumm wrote:

I conclude that it is therefore an urban myth believed in
by people who don't understand how SSDS actually work ,
and carried over from hard drives, where the problem does
exist.

So what you seem to be suggesting is that you have not
actually found any documentation that explicitly supports
your position, and its one based entirely on supposition?

Still it should be an easy enough proposition to test.

I've been round this particular house a couple of times.
When pressed for evidence he'll have an enormous strop and
you'll be kill-filed.

Makes it all worthwhile :-)

Well there was a slim possibility that he actually had a
source of information that would be educational, or even a
recommendation of a SSD that does this hypothetical on the
fly realignment.

Turnip's got a degree in something called Electrical Sciences
which turns out to be a more general degree than one in
Electrical or Electronic Engineering. Explains a lot.

Maybe he knows a bit about electrical power distribution and
generation but his knowledge doesn't really extend as far as
semiconductor storage.

He makes the right noises which fooled me for a while but not
any longer.

God Pam what have you done thats so wonderful?, this is getting
a tad boring now;(...

Tony, I don't like to parade my engineering qualifications but,
as you ask so pointedly, they're significantly better a wishy
washy degree in "electrical sciences".

From what I see, I suspect Turnip hasn't even got himself a EUR
ING. You could ask him although I expect nothing but bluster in
reply.

Tony did you get a reply from Turnip about his engineerig
qualifications or did you just get bluster?

Pam why are you so obsessed with NP, do you fancy him or something?..

I threaten people who think they are smart, because throwing false
modesty to the winds, I am actually quite smart. I've been around the
block a few times, had three separate careers, and run a couple of
companies.

Its very necessary that those people find some way to ad hominem me,
because I can clearly demonstrate that they are talking nonsense.

Pamela has been shown to be a total arsehole, and like my Ex wife, will
never forgive me for showing her up.

Its that simple.

She probably even has the same personality disorder.

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell