Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

In sci.electronics.repair, on Wed, 30 Nov 2016 23:25:52 -0800, Jeff
Liebermann wrote:

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:57:51 -0500, "tom"
wrote:

Stick an old CD in the MW and you can see exactly when the RF power starts.

Good idea. Another way would be to cram a wad of paper between the
door and the oven, and use a microwave leakage detector to measure the

You can really do that? I did do that with Amana model 2, that had no
door latches, only springs. To check if the microwave detector was
working, and it was. And to check if the oven was leaking and it
wasn't.

BTW, Radio Shack stopped selling its cheap detector years ago. I
suppose it was sold by someone else but I haven't seen it.

resultant leakage. It there's a slow rise in output, you'll see it on
the meter, which you won't see on the CD.