Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default LED lighting

"Bob Eager" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 14:18:00 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
ss wrote:
Average family living in an average 3 bedroom family house using the
average amount of electricity.

They change from all tungsten lighting to all LED.

How much money would they save on average per year on their leccy
bill?

Too many variables to be accurate but as a rough guide I would say if
you have current 60w and move to say 12w LEDs then the lighting part of
leccy bill would approx a fifth of the cost (not including the cost of
the LED bulbs)

Snag with that is it's near impossible to know what proportion of your
leccy bill goes on lighting.

It's so swamped by other consumption here that I can't be arsed to work
it out! (current year is about 11,500 kWh).

That makes my 4,508 kWh for the last 12 months seem quite frugal.