Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lighting

On 03/12/16 13:39, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

Scott wrote:

I was having a curry with a former colleague last night, who mentioned
his father hates LED lighting for the following reasons:

1. The spectrum is too narrow thus depriving the body of the right
kind of light.

It's a peaky spectrum

CFLs have a peaky spectrum, (some?/most?/all?) LEDs are broad like
incandescent

http://web.ncf.ca/jim/misc/cfl

Excellent find that page!
Confirms my gut feeling that CFLS have the worst spectrum, and LEDS were
immensely better.

I hated CFLs. I tried to love them, but I ended up hating them. They
were unutterable crap. I expected LEDS to be little better, but now I
won't buy anything else. There are issues with cooling, drivers and so
on, but when they work they are just perfect for me

Buy yourself a diffraction grating if you want to check any particular
LED ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/diffraction-grating/152316786639

Fun!

Lucas Bergkamp