Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill for (mainly) wood

In article ,
Neil wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

I found when fitting mortice locks using high speed wood bits, the
batteries went flat pretty quickly. Also cordless may not run at an
ideal speed for the various wood cutting bits I have.

Really, if someone was happy with a basic mains drill I'd not persuade
them to go cordless. As a mains drill will invariably be a better drill
for a lot less money.

This exactly. As I said earlier, I already have a decent cordless, but
no point draining the battery when I can use a mains one and use the
cordless for the lighter stuff.

Thanks all for the replies.

If you're not in a rush, keep an eye out for Lidl and Aldi offers. Their
power tools tend to be excellent value for money. IMHO, much better than
shed budget brands.

--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.