Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default LED lighting

"Scott" wrote in message
As I mentioned elsewhere, I am experimenting with LED lighting.

I was having a curry with a former colleague last night, who mentioned
his father hates LED lighting for the following reasons:

1. The spectrum is too narrow thus depriving the body of the right
kind of light.
2. HIgh frequency flicker, higher than fluorescents possibly
triggering migraine.
3. Because of the frequency (colour temperature?) the light does not
travel as far so streetlamps need to be placed closer together but.
Councils are not doing this for cost reasons, leaving blackspots in
illumination.

Is there any merit in these arguments?

my eyes are very sensitive to light and I have trouble with the fault
finding flicker in cars but no problems at home......I find a nice white
blue light is much better tan that yellow flourescent rubbish we have had to
suffer to save energy in the past and my meigrane with aura is no worse with
LEDs ....however my kooncil is getting flack for bad led street lighting...