Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default reverse condensate pump?

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 7:16:32 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 2:09:53 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 2:44:05 PM UTC-5, Mark Ash wrote:
replying to trevorcable, Mark Ash wrote:
I had the same issue. With my pump. Just randomly it switches from normal to
reverse operation. So I ripped it apart and found, inside the trigger there
is a copper clip that makes the connection between the power and the motor.
this tiny little clip is bowed upward until pressure is placed on its center
then it snaps to a downward bow. Kind of like those metal hair clips do.
What went wrong is the clip sets into the trigger in a way to keep it bowed
upward To fix it you'll need a nimble touch. but reset the clip into place and
make sure its in the correct position before closing up the trigger case.
Hope this helps.

The water has been leaking from the OP's pump for 12 years. The mold got so
bad that he had to move. He moved to a location where furnaces are not needed.

He does however, thank you for the advice on hair clip operation. He feels
(and looks) so much better now.

Did he take his gerbils with him? He must be careful what part of the world he moved to because there are parts of the world where his neighbors might eat his gerbils. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster

I was going to mention the gerbils, but I didn't want to steal your thunder..

Cousin Considerate Monster