Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default In defense of the electoral college

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 14:10:19 -0000, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 5:16:38 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 22:09:14 -0000, wrote:

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 20:55:41 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 20:51:03 -0000, wrote:

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 20:19:32 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

She is nothing to do with government. She has no power. She's for the Japanese and Americans to come and take pictures of.

Yet she gets to pick the PM, as about as close as you get to a
president. That sounds like power to me.

She doesn't get to pick anyone. We vote for the party, the party picks a PM.

Somebody should tell the folks at wikipedia that. Even so, you still
don't get to vote for your leader. It really sounds like your vote
doesn't count much either.

We have the same ****ed up system you do, we get to pick our leader, but via how many areas have chosen each one. Yes, the party can change leader at any time, but they usually keep the one that got them in in the first place, as they want the vote next time round.

Maybe you should worry more about your own problems and leave
us to worry about ours.

I'm not worrying about yours, I'm pointing out they're stupid. And for some reason a lot slower than ours.

--
What's long and pink and hard in the morning?
The Financial Times crossword.